Monday, July 9, 2012

Chaoshifa (Supermarket)

I really love peanut-butter sandwiches, but in China, there really aren't any... Until I went to the Chaoshifa!!!  In Chinese, it's 超市发, but I'm not sure if the 发 is the correct "fa."  (I also think it's really weird in English how punctuation goes inside the quotes if it is at the end of the sentence, but that's completely irrelevant.)

The supermarket is really convenient -- you can buy pretty much anything except expensive electronics and rare books in there.  I mostly just buy food, but every once in a while, I'll get something that I forgot to pack.

But back to the peanut-butter sandwiches -- here is an example of an excellent dinner:

Adding sugar is sweet... literally.
Four of 'em.
Dinner's ready!

Because this post is totally random (and borderline meaningless?), here is a bonus picture for you:

Don't worry, this little guy was not found in the Chaoshifa.

No comments:

Post a Comment